:: Studies & Studies & Research
CIDC as the apex body of construction regularly conducts surveys and undertakes studies both for clients and on a pro-bono basis for collecting and assimilating data that is presented meaningfully for the betterment of the construction industry in the country and other stakeholders. This includes collection of primary data, analysis of secondary data and interviews, focus groups, evaluation studies and large scale surveys.
A strong testimony of the fact is CIDC has the privilege and honor of being the Convener of the Working Group set up by the Planning Commission to draft the chapter on construction for the Planning Commission to be included in the 11th Five Year Plan (2007-12). We had earlier successfully completed the same activity for the 10th Five Year Plan (2002-07).
CIDC's operation is spread across India with various coordinators and consultants working round the clock to provide technical support and advice on diverse projects. CIDC is actively undertaking initiatives that help partner organizations in mapping opportunities and building capacities and institutions.
With its global approach and sustained leadership role, CIDC has been able to bring in its fold qualified Engineers, Architects, Academicians, Economists, Consultants, Business Professionals, Policy Makers, and Industry Captains. The rank and file of CIDC membership is broad based and includes professionals from various industry verticals.
We have partnered with organizations, corporate houses and government agencies to bring about systemic reforms and policy changes resulting in holistic capacity development / institution building for client organizations.
CIDC regularly conducts surveys and studies in the following areas that help enrich the knowledge domain of the Indian Construction fraternity
It will be our pleasure to send our representative to meet you and discuss such opportunities that may exist with your organization where CIDC may be actively involved
It will be our pleasure to send our representative to meet you and discuss such opportunities that may exist with your organization where CIDC may be actively involved.
- Manpower planning studies / Strategy formulation including business process reviews
- Development of Systems for monitoring, quality checking and evaluation of work done
- Development of Cost Indices / Schedule of rates / preparation and provision for its revision
- Testing, Certification and Training of Unskilled Workers engaged in construction activities
- Sectoral mapping / Demand Assessment and Survey based studies and research
- Compilation and Creation of Cost Indices
- Preparation of Standard Contract Clauses / Amendment to existing Chapters and Documents
- Preparation of databases
- Grading and benchmarking exercise
- Testing and Certification exercises
- Training and Human Resource Development
- Developmental Studies
- Impact assessment studies
- Feasibility studies
- Program evaluation, monitoring and feedback
- Capacity assessment and capability mapping
- Market estimation and Business Plans
- Sectoral trends and analysis for Opportunity Mapping
- Techno-Commercial reports